Saturday, October 22, 2011

Playing With Kids

(Jen): On Thursday we went to another school to play with kids and promote our club. We had three different groups of kids come and learn a few basketball skills from us. When we got there the first group was ready for us, but we didn't have any basketballs! Tina and I improvised by organizing a race against the kids. Just want you guys to know that I'm undefeated. Yes, they were 7 years old, but I'm a competitor, and I don't like to lose. Anyways...I love playing with kids. It is truly amazing how you can play with kids of all ages from any part of the world. Why? Because kids just want to have fun. They love to play games, run, and laugh. While we were waiting for another group of kids to come outside, Sofia and I started playing soccer with some boys. I played goalie and blocked a few shots. Then we both hit a few goals. It was a lot of fun. I wish soccer was a little more popular in America. Hopefully in the near future, Tina and I can go see our first professional soccer game!

We have a game later today so we are going to eat, get some rest, and then head to the gym in a bit. We hope everyone has a great weekend!

Love,

Jen and Tina

P.S.

(Tina): Today is the Feast day of Blessed John Paul II. Jen and I had the amazing opportunity (along with my Dad) of attending his beatification last May in the Vatican so we are both very excited about today. He left behind and amazing legacy of what it truly means to live for Christ and to proclaim the Gospel to the world. Blessed John Paul II, pray for us!

“Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.” -JPII


Jen getting ready to race the kids


Ana and Jen


Group picture with the first class of kids


Jen and Sofia taking a break from basketball


GOAL! :-)


Jen hanging out with some new friends


Teaching the kids some simple skills


I don't know how to spell her name, but this little girl was so sweet. She couldn't play because she has a broken arm so I sat with her and had a surprisingly good conversation. She's only 9 years old, but her English is quite impressive :-)


Group picture :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment